Green Terror and Jaguar...Mating?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jisha729

AC Members
I think he was ONLY wondering whether they are actually breeding--once this is answered can he only consider what to do with the fry

it kinda sucks how everyone jumps on peoples' tails and go off on tangents when people ask a simple question....

these fish only interbreed because we humans keep them in an unnatural environment--a fish tank

reyrey

AC Members
Nov 10, 2006
california
who cares if there in the hobby i have had a jd and jag mix it was cool looking it had gold with blue and green pearls on it no ones forcing anyone to buy one wut does every one think some one going to throw them in some river and we got bunch of hybrids nope, if it was going to happen it would already happen , whos bizz is it anyways come on, do you what ya want if any thing people get mad at hybrids do you now every one says oh a 55 gal for a foot oscar or 75 gal all thats false because the oscars and all other fish travel miles in lakes or where ever they originate from , so if hybrids wrong wut about people in general what if you not a hundred percent some thing you garbage thats crap how many people in the us in general are hundred percent of any thing its a world full of many mixes this site has alot of stupid stuff said im done on here people are hipocrits hope i spelt it right good look every body

Last edited:

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
:):quietly, so as not to interrupt the thread:: Wow. You know what's fun? Using punctuation to separate one complete thought from the next. Outside of Charles Dickens, i believe that ^ may be the longest sentence I've ever had the (mis)fortune to stumble across.)

Shagmaster

LOACH CRAZY
Oct 31, 2006
Los Angeles
:):quietly, so as not to interrupt the thread:: Wow. You know what's fun? Using punctuation to separate one complete thought from the next. Outside of Charles Dickens, i believe that ^ may be the longest sentence I've ever had the (mis)fortune to stumble across.)
LOL^
As for hybrids, the fact of the matter is that if any of you have a cat or a dog, it is a hybrid! where do you think all those diferent breeds of "house-cat and mans best friend" came from? My 2 cents.:)

KingOfTheDeep

All Hail The King
Nov 2, 2005
New York City
Real Name
Dan
i'd rather have a true fish in my tank..rather than a hybrid of 2 different species, i think the only hybrid fish i would keep is a flowerhorn..

Originally Posted by wataugachicken
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
i'd rather have a true fish in my tank..rather than a hybrid of 2 different species, i think the only hybrid fish i would keep is a flowerhorn..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
ha LOL, it sounds like a cool mix, like rallysman said, I would not mind a hybrid as long as it was done right

fishboy916

AC Members
Jul 6, 2006
i agree wit reyrey, your mixed your mixed your not a hundred percent your a hybrid its all a matter time before every bodys not a percent of watever, alot of people on here are arguening about a adiquite tank size when most ever bodys wrong,sure its ok but for oscar to be in a 100,but they usally much more room to live in the wild,but hay i probally should not say anything my fish arent in the wild just a couple of tanks.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Um...humans are not hybrids...so, again, comparing multiethnic human beings to hybrids is apples to oranges.

(And it's very unlikely that people will ever have 100+ ethnicities to them as a rule unless new subcategories of current ethnicities are created.)

"Adequate tank size" means one that will allow for a fish to thrive, not one that will rival the Amazon in capacity. So a 100 gallon tank would be beautiful for an Oscar in captivity.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store