gsp in their natural environment?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

donald432

AC Members
Jan 28, 2010
california
i love these fish, but have found numerous contradictions among dozens of articles about things as basic as specific gravity. have there been any studies, are there any articles written by biologists instead of "aquarium experts," how do these amazing fish grow up? i'm not trying to be cynical, and i've found some information to be quite useful, but the most legitimate source anyone can site is personal fish-keeping experience. how is it that a fish that cannot even be sexed is removed from it's natural environment and sold in stores without being studied at least a little bit? anyways, if anyone can point me in the right direction i'd be super thankful.

have a good day,
donald

SalmonAfrica

Say what now?
Aug 28, 2009
Johannesburg, South Africa
www.instagram.com
Real Name
Tim
I'm sorry to tell you, but you won't find too many "legitimate" sources on this topic, mainly because here on the internet, everyone is an author and/or expert. There are some very knowledgeable people around, even qualified, but they're well outnumbered by wannabe experts and tend to get lost among the masses. One you can trust is Neale Monks - he's very much THE expert on brackish water fishes, and here on his site he talks about brackish water puffers in general. He does mention a little about it's salinity tolerances, but to really get a full answer you might want to drop him an e-mail and ask him all you want to know. He may not be able to answer all your questions but I'm sure he'll be able to refer you to someone who does.

Hope I helped,
Tim

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Unfortunately, most biologists know very little about keeping fish in captivity.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store