Guess What i am...Reefkeepers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
hmm... ill give it a shot...
1. Elegance coral (catalaphyllia jardinei)
2. open brain coral. (trachiophyllia geoffryi) or an acanthastrea echinata? the mouth is throwing me off. it could be a acanthastrea hilliae also, but the lines on it make me believe it to be a trachiophyllia.
3. Nautilus (nautilus pompilius perhaps?)
4. bubble mushroom. (rhodactis sanctithomae) yuma. (ricordria yuma) i would also guess, but the different colors of the bubbles compared to the bottoms make me believe it could be a bubble, even though they are more round than jagged.
5. Dragon seahorse (phycodurus equs)

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
1 Long Tentacle Anemone - Macrodactyla doreensis
Unfortunatly, thats not right mate

4) Corallimorpharia Ricordeidae - Ricordea yuma
we are getting there....good stuff

1. Elegance coral
2. Scolymia/Doughnut or meat coral; maybe open brain?
3. looks like a snail foot
4. probably ricordia
5. looks kind of like parts of a lion fish(yellow fuzzy maybe)?

those are my guesses.
2 right here......try again with the rest

Sorry I didn't follow the rules.
1. Elegance coral-Catalaphyllia jardinei
2. Button or Doughnut- Scolymia vitiensis; or Open brain- Trachyphyllia geoffroyi
3. psuedofoot of a snail, usnsure of type
4. Ricordea mushroom- Ricordea florida
5. Russell's lionfish- Pterois russelli

I hope I get at least one right.
2 right here......try again with the rest

hmm... ill give it a shot...
1. Elegance coral (catalaphyllia jardinei)
2. open brain coral. (trachiophyllia geoffryi) or an acanthastrea echinata? the mouth is throwing me off. it could be a acanthastrea hilliae also, but the lines on it make me believe it to be a trachiophyllia.
3. Nautilus (nautilus pompilius perhaps?)
4. bubble mushroom. (rhodactis sanctithomae) yuma. (ricordria yuma) i would also guess, but the different colors of the bubbles compared to the bottoms make me believe it could be a bubble, even though they are more round than jagged.
5. Dragon seahorse (phycodurus equs)
4 right there Fishieness....

Well done so far...Who is gonna be the first to provide me with all 5 correct answers?

Niko

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
Well, this comp shall be closing in the morning peeps...are we going to get this one nailed and get 5 correct answers? or is it gonna be Niko 1 - AC 0 ????
oooh, heck no...haha
is it everything i said above only with 2 being the meat coral (scolymia vitinensis)?

that is the one that is throwing me off... i cant tell if the thing in the bottom right is a single polypy mouth or just the edge of a different colored large mouth like a trachiophyllia or a scolymia.

Reefscape

Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
oooh, heck no...haha
is it everything i said above only with 2 being the meat coral (scolymia vitinensis)?

that is the one that is throwing me off... i cant tell if the thing in the bottom right is a single polypy mouth or just the edge of a different colored large mouth like a trachiophyllia or a scolymia.
just for a little help, its a mouth...

Soon be closed...............I have a very good feeling i am going to be winning this one........

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
hmmm... i thtink the mouth looks most like a chalice.... perhaps echinophora lamellosa. or maybe even a micromussia amakusensis or an acan lord?
darn... i shoudl probably go to bed so i hope one of those is right...

Reefscape

Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........I dont believe it......Fishieness had dealt me a crushing blow................Green Splotched Echino...

Ok, time for a run down of what each one is....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store