Hagen Fluval or Ehiem ECCO?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hagen Fluval or Ehiem ECCO?

• Fluval

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • ECCO

Votes: 19 43.2%

• Total voters

English Lion

AC Members
Jun 6, 2004
Peterborough, UK
www.rowan-house.net
I have no experience of the fluval filters but I run an Eheim Ecco and love it. I keep it in the cabinet that the tank sits on and have my desk and computer directly beside it - I never even hear it.

The media baskets are a great way of organising the filter too. The priming function doesn't work quite as easily as they suggest but it's still easy to get back up and running after cleaning.

jamjarjames

AC Members
May 31, 2004
Peterborough, UK
Visit site
english lion where abouts in peterborough are you, iam in werrington! small world! Do you use the waterzoo on lincoln road? And back to the topic at hand it looks like fluval win this one by the votes! but keep the votes comming guys and gals!

anonapersona

Reads a lot, knows a little
Mar 7, 2003
Houston
Visit site
priming the ECCO

With the ECCO filters, it is ESSENTIAL that you follow the directions on how to shut off the taps while the filter is running.

I keep the booklet in the cabinet so I can reread it before I do it wrong. It seems so wrong to shut off the taps while it is running. But if you don't, and you unplug it first, the handle locks will not work properly and you'll need a screwdriver to jimmy the catch open -- very frustrating and likely to break a delicate part.

When I bought the 2 ECCOs I got used, the owner showed me how to work the catch with a screwdriver, even gave me the tool she kept with the filters to work them open, for she always had to struggle to open it. After a month or two I needed to clean it and I read the booklet -- now they work right every time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store