has anyone fed their oto cats this

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I have not had otos for years, but they like softer algae. They liked "blanched Zuc", but did not really target feed them anything else.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Look into repashy if you can....or blanched veggies. Otos LOVE real food/soft foods and algaes, as they are grazers.

Mr Ironic

AC Members
May 26, 2015
i know what they eat im just asking if anyone has tried feeding them this particular food

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Haven't tried that particular product with otos but I wouldn't hesitate to try it on them. I always fed mine hikari algae wafers and they gobbled 'em up.

Mark

Mr Ironic

AC Members
May 26, 2015
Haven't tried that particular product with otos but I wouldn't hesitate to try it on them. I always fed mine hikari algae wafers and they gobbled 'em up.

Mark
I have algae wafers but I have heard alot of people complain that their Otos don't eat it. For some weird reason brown algae keeps growing on my glass at a fast rate so I know they will get that but I don't want that to be it's only diet.

I will buy zucchini and cucumber but just wanted to know about this Hikari seaweed food cause it contains seaweed and algae that Herbivores like

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I've never tried those, but if they actually soften like the description says I don't see why they wouldn't go for it. Though I could never get mine to eat the seaweed strips I offered, but they went crazy for the repashy. Repashy had a similar texture to the wet seaweed, so I don't think it was texture, likely smell. I don't see any harm in trying it though.

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
Or, you could simply let algae grow naturally in your tank with a longer light period. If it becomes too much algae, then stop supplementing with wafers until the tank looks really clean again.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
i know what they eat im just asking if anyone has tried feeding them this particular food
Do you have other critters in the tank that will eat it if the otos don't? Should be a win/win either way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store