Hatching Lygodactylus Eggs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
I LOVE them!

They remind me of my viper geckos I had years ago. They were so awesome! Sadly, they're about impossible to find now, but I'd get them again in a second if I found some nearby.
I hear you. Viper geckos are really hard to find right now. Another member on here (LifelessForm) has about 6 females and has been trying to find a nice male for the last 2 years with no luck. :(
i've actually been keeping my eye's out for these guys too and i've seen them offered on fauna every once and a while but again not often and thay tend to be too expensive for me at the time.

and then we question why they are going extinct in the wild....
at least we can reintroduce them down the line.
how big do the adults get?
as vicious already pointed out the loss of these guys in the wild is more do to deforestation and loss of habitat more then cetaching them for pets. it's not just these guys ether it basically happening all over the place. if anything we as keepers will probably be the only ones to have some of these animals at some point.

btw: congrats alway nice to see some babies, i had the privilege of seeing one of my cresties hatch out yesterday and there is nothing quite like it.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
They usually lay a pair of eggs at a time every 4 weeks during the summer months.

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
That is the cutest thing ever! You've done a great job figuring out how to safely incubate them. I'm glad you shared your process (to help others) and your pictures (cute cute cute!).

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
That is awesome!!! They are adorable, if anybody could make it happen it's you!

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
Wowee, VF!! I love that whole process from the process of elimination through to the success.... any chance you could show the set up?

You just keep getting more and more awesome, don't ya

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Lol, thanks again everyone! DD I'll get you a pic of the adult setup for you today. :)

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Sorry for the delay, here's a pic of my adult tank. It's a 18"x18x24" Exo Terra.

Exo.jpg

LifelessForm

Papercut Survivor
Sep 8, 2008
Mechanicsburg, Pa
Stopping at TFP after school tomorrow to get a background for the 12x12x18. I'll let you know when it's ready. You need anything while I'm there, text me.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Stopping at TFP after school tomorrow to get a background for the 12x12x18. I'll let you know when it's ready. You need anything while I'm there, text me.

Hmmm.......maybe you could pick me up a background as well. I'll text you for sure.

Edit* Doh, I see this post was from yesterday.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store