Have you seen this coral before?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
Ya I hope all is well????? I do see lil mouths. It looks jelly like when inflated. You can tell is hard and spiky otherwise.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Sans infections, they tend to lend themselves okay to fragging compared to other fungiids. If yours hasn't had issues yet, you should be covered as far as that's concerned. I would try to feed it small bits of food, like chopped mysids, cyclopeeze, etc.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
The more I look at pictures of that coral the more I like it, but I think even my 75G would be too small for that coral if I just let it grow. The skeleton of them are very large. I see them called "Bowl Coral" as well and by the skeleton you can see why.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
Get one, there awesome, thats what corals are all bout, having something someone else doesnt.

And it only gets as big as you let it. Fraggin it took 3secs.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
op thats me right? is it halomitra or fungia? that last pics got me guessing. Ill take a pic of it inflated, if it is today.

Dale W.

Formerly known as "Reefscape"
Oct 7, 1998
Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii
www.TheKOR.org
Halomitra, possibly H. pileus. Still part of the family Fungiidae. Fungia typically has a single opening in the center. These corals do like to move around so take caution as to where you have it sitting.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
It hasnt puffed up yet. But my pals hasnt either or ever moved on him. I can easily see the diffrent mouths now. Im running bare bottom, so im afraid to stick it on the bottom. Im goin to try and place it on a lower rock. I just figured I would try and place it as high I as could, seeing it came from a 150w MH in a 20gL.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store