Helicopter + ChileRelleno =

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChileRelleno

500+ jumps-n-counting,SKYDIVE!
Feb 10, 2005
Mobile, AL
Me jumping a Sikorsky S-58T helicopter at the World Freefall Convention in Rantoul,IL 2004...
YEEHAW!

tyrantt23

AC Members
Mar 7, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Wow, that looks like its photoshoped in... I'm not saying it is, but that's crazy. Nice picture though... :)

I'm guessing you landed safely. Do you skydive a lot?

btw... I love your analogy! Makes me want to skydive... hehe.
"If riding in a airplane is flying,
then riding in a boat is swimming."

ChileRelleno

500+ jumps-n-counting,SKYDIVE!
Feb 10, 2005
Mobile, AL
I'm a master rated skydiver, I hold a USPA D license, I've over 600 jumps...
Alot??? Nah, I only do it on weekends and any other chance I get :rolleyes:

Nope definitely not photochopped, why is it people see professional pics of unusaul things and the first thing I seem to hear is, "That's looks/must be/is/might photochopped."

Here is another pic...

JCRW1 11Mar06.jpg

tyrantt23

AC Members
Mar 7, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Here is another pic...
That's an awesome looking picture! As for the previous picture, its the difference in lighting and sharpness of your clothing and the helicopter that makes it look weird, but I know its because of the way the picture was taken, placement of light (from the sky, which the camera is pointing to), etc... I wasn't saying it was photoshopped, just said it looked like.

But gah... over 600 jumps! I'm guessing its become second nature to you by now. :)

I've always wanted to skydive, but the initial cost of a couple hundred dollars is a little steep for me, when I'll only enjoy a few seconds of free-falling, and a few minutes with parachute open (even though it will all feel amazing!)... when I'm a little richer a few years from now, I definitely want to try it out. How old were you on your first time?

WaterBaby

Senior Member with Senior Moments
Sep 23, 2002
Florence, New Jersey
Camera Used
I use an iPhone 8 camera
Gah!! :eek: I was "whiteknuckling" the arms to my computer chair while I was looking at the pics....

Great photos. The color and clarity are amazing!!

Michele

ps. can you tell i'm afraid of heights? :eek: :eek:

boofish2

show me your fish
Aug 5, 2006
EXCELLENT!!! I don't think I could do that,,, btw LOVE the beard :)

aardvark1

Too many tanks are almost enough...
Sep 27, 2005
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
Could never understand the concept of jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft(ok, the door is missing, but aside from that...).

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

(Above would be me grabbing the doorframe so hard that dents would form)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

(And the look on my face after they pried me lose and tossed me out)

:help::help::help::help::help:

(on my way down)

liv2padl

cichlidophile
Oct 30, 2005
north carolina
great picture. let me just say that to get me to jump out of a plane, you'd have to tie me up and throw me out.

about twelve years ago, before i quit my stress ridden corporate job in the northeast and moved to carolina, i had to take the company helicopter to new york about once a week for "important" meetings. ya know, the ones where 30 people sit around a mahogany table wearing 'power' ties and accomplishing virtually nothing that couldn't have been done by three people on the telephone. the day i quit, i was supposed to take the helicopter but of course, didn't. it went down in the hudson river and everyone aboard was killed.

i've never flown a helicopter since and never will. a helicopter has too many moving parts and doesn't obey laws of physics if ya ask me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store