HELP ASAP! - Dwarf gourami looks very bad

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ShockwaveCT

AC Members
Feb 20, 2011
Well, I guess I will have to get nitrates at 20 or less with a water change. Should I do like a 50% or something or like a 20% every few days until it clears up? I tried feeding less, but wonder what it's still medium/high. I currently have the one gourami "quarantined" in an old wonton soup container hanging on the side of the tank with a bent coat hanger, but I don't want him in their longer than he has to be. Should I return him to the rest of the tankmates shortly?

ShockwaveCT

AC Members
Feb 20, 2011
Unfortunately not too many options for removing the fish. I have no other tanks that it could reside in. I don't know if I should just release him back into the tank and see what happens or bring him back to the fish store to find another home? I just wish I knew who the culprit was if he is being picked on too much.

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
Well, I guess I will have to get nitrates at 20 or less with a water change. Should I do like a 50% or something or like a 20% every few days until it clears up? I tried feeding less, but wonder what it's still medium/high.
I would go with 20% every few days until it comes down within range. I don't think it's the problem with the gourami, but it is a bit high.

I currently have the one gourami "quarantined" in an old wonton soup container hanging on the side of the tank with a bent coat hanger, but I don't want him in their longer than he has to be. Should I return him to the rest of the tankmates shortly?
:rofl:
Dude, I thought I was ghetto. I'm not sure if that soup container is doing him much good so maybe you can take him back to the LFS and get a fish that's compatible? I've heard that gouramis don't get along all that well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store