Help!!! Bubble Eye Goldfish Convulsions!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

smoses

AC Members
Apr 13, 2006
Las Vegas, Nevada
Joseph1391 said:
hey Im sorry about your fish :( ... i just read your post.. thats sad..
Thank You.... with a little TLC I think he is going to recover.

The red that was seen in the picutres is turning white. He looks WAY better than yesterday.....

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

This morning he ate breakfast in his house then we let him out for awhile and he is playing in the bubble wall....Yes, there is pantyhose over the filter intake and we will probably continue to feed him in his house to be sure he gets his share of the food.

Last edited:

smoses

AC Members
Apr 13, 2006
Las Vegas, Nevada
mvigor said:
What is this fish house you keep mentioning? Can I see a photo of that?
It is a medium size breeding tank used to seperate the fry from mom and other fish that might want to eat them. I just took out all the seperators. On page 5 I have 3 pictures posted of Mr Bubble Eye in his house.....Can you see it there? If not I will post a pic.

smoses

AC Members
Apr 13, 2006
Las Vegas, Nevada
mvigor said:
Oh yeah, I see it. I don't mean to be :duh: , but why do you fool around with him so much? Wouldn't he be less stressed if you just let him swim and kept your hands or nets out of the tank as much as possible? I really don't mean to criticize...but that's what I would do for him.
If we dont put him in his house to eat, he dosent. The other fish are too fast and they are stronger than he is, (because of the bad water he was in), and they get to all the food before he does. He is extremely friendly, (and has a wonderfull personality), and I he knows he is getting help. He knows me and will come right to my hand. I feel it is not stressfull for him at all. He has come a long way with the advise from this thread. :dance2:

mvigor

Aquarium Hobbyist
Mar 24, 2005
Lunchlady land
www.vigorfamily.com
Ahh I see. I was imagining him as pretty much the only fish in the tank. My bubble-eye lives with 5 white clouds that are much smaller than him. Those guys are the stock for a 20-high tank in my living room wall. You can see them by clicking the link in my signature.

I know what you mean about feeding problems. These poor bubble eyes have trouble eating even when they aren't ill.

Mine burst one of his bubbles once and it grew back and refilled with air. The injury wasn't as bad as yours though.

Last edited:

Abilor

Certified Pisceal HydroTechnician
Nov 19, 2005
Troy, NY
WOW! What a thread. This is more of a nailbiter than the Sopranos! How's Mr. Bubbleye doing now?

MAJOR commendations on your efforts! :bowing:

smoses

AC Members
Apr 13, 2006
Las Vegas, Nevada
Abilor said:
WOW! What a thread. This is more of a nailbiter than the Sopranos! How's Mr. Bubbleye doing now?

MAJOR commendations on your efforts! :bowing:

Abilor,

LOL
I am very happy to say that My Bubble Eye is doing exceptionaly well now. We have continued with the water changes, which is finialy at accpetable levels. The injured bubble has come completely off and the hole that was left in the side of his head has closed. His black eye has completely cleared up and all redness has become nice and orange with no scaring. It appears like he may be begining to grow another bubble :dance: We still feed him in his house to be sure he is getting enough and ALL signs of his convulsions have gone. We learned allot. Thank you very much for asking about him. Take Care, Smoses

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store