Help!!! GE Silicone II

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
haha... i think there was a thread that got started listing all aquarium safe products...

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
..he is left handed....

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
looks good... mine wasnt very clean... but a lot better the second time around.

RONCGIZMO

AC Members
May 16, 2007
looks good... mine wasnt very clean... but a lot better the second time around.
Thanks, I think my first one came out better, this one I was up until 4am working on it, cleaning out all the old silicone and resaling the glass.

This is the overflow I'm using.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Umm, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you shouldn't use primer on pvc fittings for aquarium use. At least that's what I've been told as long as I can remember and I never use it.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I just seal mine with regular aquarium sealant.

RONCGIZMO

AC Members
May 16, 2007
Umm, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you shouldn't use primer on pvc fittings for aquarium use. At least that's what I've been told as long as I can remember and I never use it.
:devil: Hey, what are you trying to do to me...lol

I looked into the primer before I did it, from what I was reading it is safe "but"
the die might come out in the water I am going to clean off as much as I can before I put it into my tank. I thought you HAD TO use it in order for the glue to work, not just to clean the ends...Next time I use PVC I'm going to leave it out just for the looks.. They do use it on drinking water so....

THEJRC

Third String Messiah?
mixed feelings on the primer.... I've used it early on but soaked my finished product in vinegar water for about a week afterward. Also, Silicone I is GE's version of 100% Silicone without additives (read mah tubes and the MSDS... boredome is great).

Sump looks awesome though! you did a cleaner job than I did....

In edit.... is that a gibson I see in the background there?.........

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store