Help ID plant......

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Yogi28

AC Members
Mar 24, 2013
Hey guys I jusr ordered some orange cherry shrimp and I got this plant as a surprise. It doesn't have roots at the bottom so I'm not sure if it is suppose to float around the aquarium or be planted in the substrate. Plese help I really like this plant and I would love to keep it alive if possible.

20130414_220309.jpg

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Looks like Brazilian Pennywort. Ime a very easy low/moderate light plant. It tends to run all over the place.

ZivaD

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
Looks like Brazilian Pennywort. Ime a very easy low/moderate light plant. It tends to run all over the place.
Agreed. It can be used as a floater or as a stem plant. If you want to keep it, let that little guy float - if all goes well it'll develop roots, etc, but not 100% sure it will from just a leaf vs. a stem with leaf attached.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Yes it look like a Pennywort, and yes- it is a leaf, not a plant.

jptjpt

AC Members
May 16, 2008
It's Hydrocotyle verticilata. The stem is at the center of the "leaf" similar to an umbrella. Brazillian pennywort stems are at the edge of the leaf, not the center. It is a type of pennywort. The plant can be grown in substrate or left floating. If conditions are right, it will grow like a weed.

maxwellag

Registered Member
Apr 20, 2013
It's Hydrocotyle verticilata. The stem is at the center of the "leaf" similar to an umbrella. Brazillian pennywort stems are at the edge of the leaf, not the center. It is a type of pennywort. The plant can be grown in substrate or left floating. If conditions are right, it will grow like a weed.
I agree, leaves are too round to be Brazilian.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store