Help me finish stocking my 37 gal.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Registered Member
Jul 25, 2005
Ok, I have a 37 gal tank that has finished cycling. I then added 8 zebra danios as my first fish and they have been in the tank for about 3 weeks with no problems.

My ph is 6.8/6.9 amm 0ppm and nitrite 0ppm . I change water at @30% a week (was changing 15% every other day for a little while to be sure.)
I have 3 anubias, 1 onion plant, 1 hornwort, one "other (i forget) and one moss ball. I have a broken clay pot cave and a few rocks.

I would like to have a bottom-feeder (ie cories) and some otos for general algae cleaning. Oher than that, I would possibly like a pair of fish as a "centerpiece".

I would love to hear any and all creative suggestions to round out this tank. I would probably introduce fish every 3 weeks or so to ensure the bioload does not get out of whack.

Look forward to hearing your ideas!

FishFreak101

AC Members
Jul 1, 2005
a betta

razorxxx

AC Members
Jul 18, 2005
TAMPA FLA
Bottem Fish Center Fish

Pictus Catfish Neon Blue Dwarf Gouramis
Or Or
Clown Loachs Bala Sharks

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Kasakato said:
A Bala Shark will get too big. So will a Clown Loach.
Think a foot long :eek: .

So what about a couple of gouramis for a centerpiece fish? I think there are a few that get really big, but I know there are also a few that get 4-5 inches that would be nice. Sorry, I'm not sure which off hand :eek: . For the corys, its best to get the same kind, they seem to ignore other types of cory.

Rylan Z

Krib breeder
Jul 7, 2005
canada
Get 2 angels as the centre peice they are beutiful fish that are pretty peacful they might try to catch the danios but they will never succeed unless a danio is sick but you could get anngels maybe some rams they are awesome fish for a bottom feeder/algae eater get a bristlenose pleco they stay small and are so cool I hope I helped

deltabear

AC Members
Jun 6, 2005
if you want to keep an asian theme to it try either pearl or moonlight gouramis. i also like the idea of angels, though. If you get bristlenosed plecos, look into the albinos, they really stand out in an aquarium, where sometimes the regular ones tend to blend into the territory- mother natures way :). good luck and have fun.

FishSeller

AC Members
Apr 28, 2005
If I'm not mistaken, a 37 gallon is 36 l x 12 w x 20 t? If this is the case, you have plenty of room for a pair of angels. They would make a killer centerpiece. If it is a 30" tank, I would think twice about adding them. However, a tank that is just a little taller than the standard 30 long is just fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store