!! help me !! look @

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
definatly stop using the tap water
for a powerhead, get a maxi-jet. dont bother with the powersweeps or anything, they will break soon anyways
and i would also suggest more lr. 8 fish is quite a lot for a tank with only a few pounds (and a blue tang should be in a bigger tank anyways:duh: )
you may need to cure it if it isnt cured at your LFS. smell the rock, if it smells like the ocean, it is good, if it smells like death, then it iwll need to be cured.
it is clear that your water levels arent very good, probalby not only your nitrates even, from looking at your blue tang. He has an extreme case of Head and Lateral Line Errosion (HLLE). make sure you get your water levels back in order and you are feeding him a healthy diet with a lot of veggies such an nori or formula two.
i'm also a little worried about yoru anemoneies. they are completly bleached white. what lighting do you have? you say you have a brain and a clam in there too?

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
oo, i forgot one thing: i would suggest actualy buying an RO unit if you have the cash instead of the bottled water. it is cheaper (in the way long run o course. lol) and there are usualy some phsophates in some of the bottled stuff. but if your LFs sells RO water that will work okay.

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
i'm also a little worried about yoru anemoneies. they are completly bleached white. what lighting do you have? you say you have a brain and a clam in there too?

i dont have a brain or a clam in my tank but i want 2 but when i do they die on me. i dont have a good like i have the one that come with the tank when u but it and some bule salt water fish so i shoud git a light 2 what kind of light shoud i git and salt 2 put in my tanh oight[/quote]

re post :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
if you want to keep your anemones and have a clam, you are goign to need MH lighting.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
id go with IO reef crystals at least. it is a decent salt, and gets the job done, but is better than the crappy normal IO. plus, you wont have to use the B-ionic with your very low Ca demand. i doubt you have to at the moment anyways.

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
Im going to get a Reverse Osmosis Unit, Powerhead Maxi-Jet, MH lighting and what you just suggested, the IO reef crystals. Anything else I need before I go get all of this?

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
I basically agree with what everyone else said in this thread. I would definitely add more live rock. You said you have a 72G with 30-40lbs. LR? I would double or triple this amount. It definitely looks like you have the room.

I'm having a slight nitrate situation too (although not as large as yours) in my 150G. Next week I'm building a refugium with LR/light/etc. to help with this.

Also- water changes! They're a big help, as well as vacuuming your substrate.

For corals, I would take the MH suggestion and use RO water.

Edited to add- looks like we cross-posted! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store