HELP!! My puffers laid eggs!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
No, I don't think they are target puffers. They are green with red eyes. Dark green to brown spots on the body. White , yellow belly, and a larger spot just behind the head.

Those pics don't look like my puffers.

I wish I could get a pic on here for you to see. But, I have to figure out how to use my new photo program.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
The fish you described is exactly as a Target looks. Maybe the photos aren't very good, but I've seen several Targets. My lfs had 3 that they let die over several months. I went in to check on them & feed them 3x a week. The only puffers I've heard of breeding in captivity is: target, red-eyes (t. lorteti) & dwarfs. I don't think you have the other kind. I'm sure they are targets which have red eyes. spotted to brown or olive greenish & a black spot on their side.

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
Looking at both pics...mine have spots all over them, cept the belly. And the body is mainly green. Just with darker spots and big ones too...and not with just one noticable spot near the tail. You could be right, you would know better than me. I'm just looking at both pics (which I see are the same, just one is darker than the other), and they don't quite look like mine.

I'm gonna try to get a pic in.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Yes, targets are a drab, olive green-brown & spotted, w/ a darker spot on each side& red eyes. Like other puffers, their colors (& spots) can fade.

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
Thanks Pufferpunk. I really do appreciate your responses. I was hoping to 'chat' with some one who knew about them.

The email addy you gave me, wouldn't work!

Another thing,,,the female was moved to another tank..she is going to the surface alot and splashing abit..her color looks good and she did eat. Is there any concern with this behavior?

Last edited:

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Oh boy, how exciting! :D What are you going to feed them? You can try some egg yolk in a dropper.

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
Really? Egg yolk is okay? Cuz, I was supposed to get brine shrimp eggs from the LFS..but he couldn't get them yet. So, I was gonna rush out after the school bus stop tomorrow morn and get some.

So yolks will work? That's nice to know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store