Help needed

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Neenie

Upgrade has arrived people!!
Jan 19, 2007
Romford, UK
Hi all...

Knowing this is the best place for advice and all...

I have an orange spot Goby in QT at the moment, just noticed that at the base of his tail where it rests on the floor, is like a red sore, almost an ulcer? it wasn't there I am sure when we put him in two weeks ago....

He is eating fine and it doesn't seem to bother him, but looks sore. Is there anything I can put in the tank to help with something like that?

Any ideas? Thanks

Neenie

Jan 19, 2007
Romford, UK
yeah I'll try

Blossom112

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Toronto
I have had them ..... important to keep rock on glass at bottom ,it could have been a cave in ,them fish are awesome jumpers have seen mine jump 3 to 4 feet out of the water .
I would just watch and wait check your water prams they are pretty resilliant fish ..... congrats

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
I don't like the sound of that. I have no idea how to treat it though. I would try maracyn-two, because i think it will work. also, google it, they post pictures. sounds like bacterial infection to me and depends on how bad it is the fish can die from it. is the fish new? do nice water change before treatment

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
I don't like the sound of that. I have no idea how to treat it though. I would try maracyn-two, because i think it will work. also, google it, they post pictures. sounds like bacterial infection to me and depends on how bad it is the fish can die from it. is the fish new? do nice water change before treatment
In general, I'd agree, though I'd still like to see a picture. Maybe a broader spectrum antibiotic would be more effective, since Maracyn Two only treats gram-negative bacteria.

Neenie

Jan 19, 2007
Romford, UK
Hi all
Thanks for your replies, sorry to say he didn't make it!
He was in QT, so only decor was plastic tube to hide in etc.

I was very sad, such a lovely fish, I have no idea what it was and won't know now either....

Thanks again

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store