Help! New 55g setup and tank is katy-wampus!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kreestos

Registered Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
55g setup tank was katy-wampus, ya'll can ignore post...

Hello,

I've a new All-Glass 55 g 48x12x20 I'm trying to get setup. I spent the day preparing the stand, which is solid and level and over sized, 48l x 24w x 12h. I thought it was flat as well, but maybe not. Anyway, I put the tank on it and it rocked about a 1/8th of an inch or so. I move it around and got it to only rock about a 1/32nd, but it was not where I wanted it. I put 1/2 inch styrophome under it, but it sitll rocked.

Question: What to do? I'm open to any and all suggestions at this point, 'cause I've been lurking around here and have seen all of the good advise given, and have come to realize how little I know...:shake:

Thanks!

Kreestos
kreestos@hotmail.com

Last edited:

andruboz

Senile Member
Jan 6, 2003
texas
home.satx.rr.com
the tank rocks on the stand? or the stand rocks on the floor?
if the tank rocks on the stand, i dont know what to say. it shouldn't unless maybe the stand was assembled incorrectly.
it could also be the floor isnt level.

one way to level is to put just enuff water in the tank where you can eye-ball the water line from front to back and end to end. just higher than the bottom frame of the tank. then shim the stand at the floor. it should still be light enuff for2 people
to do this safely. for shims i used left over linoleum squares i had. [they dont compress much.] for something thinner, i'd find something like cereal box type cardboard, but i am sure someone on the forum has a better idea. i usually improvise with what ever i can find.

Kreestos

Registered Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Andruboz,

Yeah, the tank rocks on the stand. Do you think the styro is enough to compact and even out the difference when the water, ect., is added?

TIA.

Kreestos

Registered Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Update:

Realized that when I moved stand to new location "floor" was different and I had not re-leveled. :shake:

Shimmed stand and viola, no rocking of tank. :)

Thanks Ya'll...

Kreestos

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store