Help!!! New aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Underthec

Registered Member
May 25, 2020
Hey guys,

I’m new here and to the aquarium life. And I’m in love. But over the last couple of months I’ve been struggling to get the levels right. But finally within the last two weeks I got the ammonia levels just perfect. Except I just did a 50% water change and the ammonia has spiked again! I’ve added in the prime and stability stuff for today but any idea how to keep these guys alive as I just lost 6 in 24hrs! I only keep guppies & Molly’s but moved all the Molly’s to another tank and they have been quiet aggressive! Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks! Claudia

Underthec

Registered Member
May 25, 2020
What size aquarium, how many guppies and mollies and do you have live plants?
thanks for the reply, the aquarium is 38L and i have 5 guppies 2 endler guppies i have 3 live plants baby tears and 6 mollies but they are in another tank which is 28L

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
What kind of filtration? Baby tears is not an appropriate plant, you need something that is easy and fast growing, it could prevent a lot of problems. What kind of water are you using and have you tested that for ammonia/nitrite/nitrate as well?

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
28 liters is not enough for mollies! they need at least a 29 gallon tank. 28 liters is 7.4 gallons

Reactions: the loach

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
The guppies should be okay in the 10 gallon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store