Help please from my southern British friends, I could be moving to Southampton

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

1wizz

AC Members
Jul 1, 2005
Edge of the New Forest, Hampshire UK
Real Name
David
Camera Used
Mobile phone P30
There is a possibility I may be moving to the Southampton area some time this year. I'm just looking for people's opinions of the area. I've had a look at the map and anywhere like Winchester, Eastleigh or Southampton would put me in the locality I would need to be in.

Hopefuly the job I will get will base me in Totton.

It's been quite a while since I've been down there. I imagine every place will have its good areas and bad areas, but are there any towns that should be well avoided, or others I should definitely look at?

Really, I'm looking for an area with good schools for my two children (8 and 11) hopefully with traffic that's not too bad, low crime rate etc.

Thanks in advance!

Amanda Killops

guppy lover
Jan 3, 2010
The New Forest, UK
Hiya 1wizz, I work in Southampton but live in a place called Holbury. Totton is kind of half way between where I live and where I work. I'm afraid I don't have children so my experience of schools is limited, but friends of mine do. I would recommend looking in an area called Marchwood, as my friends 6 year old is at Marchwood School and absolutely loves it, plus you are already only a few miles from Totton but have the benefit of only being a few miles to the New Forest. There is a major property price difference for certain postcodes, with very little difference in area (if you see what I mean!). Totton itself has good parts and some not so good parts. I work for a property management company... If you want to let me know what size house you are looking for and in what price range (plus do you plan to rent or buy), I can aim you at some in decent areas if you like?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store