HELP PLEASE!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

waterbaby73

AC Members
Nov 26, 2008
OOPS yes I made a big mistake then, and stressed him i think. The other day his tank looked dirty, I believe I over fed him, so i changed alot of his water out cuz it was really yucky. i forgot to put his mirror back in. it also could be my daughter has never had a heater on him and where we live now, there are tempteture differences, so i'll be popping out this morning to get him one. after alot of reading and whatnot I have realized that they are NOT at all like goldfish in their keeping. Thank you for the help. I'm a bit relieved. Shame on me!!:(

waterbaby73

AC Members
Nov 26, 2008
his regular maintinence is she changes his water about every month, adds to when it a bit low. I will hazard a guess the major factor would be temp change, or water. she (my daughter) just moved back home from the city, where they have chlorine in water system, back to country where we have well water. I'm not sure if she if/what she added in city, but i know when she lived at home she never had to add anything to his water. We have been having some rather drastic temp changes in house due to winter coming and having wood stove. So i think as i mentioned earlier is to get him a heater, and see it helps. I hope so to be honest rasputia is closer to five than 4, she's had him for four years and he was pretty well formed when she brought him home. from what I've read they are not fully plumed until about a year, and he was like i said well plumed.

justahannah

Fascinated newb
Jul 29, 2008
Tacoma, WA
www.myspace.com
Real Name
Hannah
Sounds like columnaris to me as well...it's a bacterial infection that's often mistaken for a fungus. Worth a google to compare pics and symptoms to your betta, it can be very aggressive and I lost a betta to it some months ago after not properly quarantining new tank mates. Good luck!

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas

evelyn80

Guru at procrastinating
Aug 10, 2008
in your house!!
when u say kept like goldfish u mean in a bowl right? that is also not appropriate as they grow quite large and get stunted in most bowls and die from it. does his bowl have a filter of any sort? a heater is also necasarry as he is a tropical fish. this sounds like columnaris to me though

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
I hope he continues to get better, a heater would be good. It's great that he's lived so long, and has you to keep him healthy and happy. :thm:

waterbaby73

AC Members
Nov 26, 2008
As to Rasputia's tank he had one of those tall cube looking aquariums, with a airstone and rocks and plants. Sadly no Rasputia after a long life passed away last night. Thank you all for trying to help me with him.

svf

Jul 14, 2006
Falls Church, VA
www.madoboe.com
Real Name
Susan
Camera Used
My cell phone.
Well, it sounds like Rasputia had a very long and happy life with you and your daughter! I am sorry to hear of his passing, but 4 years is quite old for a little fish!
Hope that you continue to enjoy keeping fish - you obviously have a knack for it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store