HELP.. problem with Hagen GLO 48in double T5 fixture

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sundevil88

AC Members
Feb 9, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Jose
Hello everyone,

I purchased a Hagen GLO 48in Double T5 fixture last week and today I was able to buy my first light bulb which is a "Life-Glo" T5 6700k.. they didnt have any 10k bulbs in stock so I just came home with one bulb and will probably drive around tomorrow looking for the other one.

So when I got home, I figured I might as well try it out.. I placed the 6700k bulb in the fixture and plugged it in.. the light came on but about 3 seconds after, it just shuts off. I dont know why this is happening? the bulb and fixture are brand new.. could the fixture or the bulb be defective?

Should I exchange the fixture?

Please help, I need suggestions :/

Thanks everyone for the help in advance.

timwag2001

AC Members
Apr 25, 2009
MA
that fixture isnt designed to run just one bulb. the part that your light bulb hooks up to is spring loaded. so when you have only one bulb in there it gets cock eyed and desnt work. get another bulb and you'll be fine

timwag2001

AC Members
Apr 25, 2009
MA
i found this out because i had ordered it from my lfs i was at the store when it came in and the guys wanted to check it out to see it and also to make sure it wasnt damaged in shipping. so we popped just one bulb in and it didnt work till we put in the second.

sundevil88

AC Members
Feb 9, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Jose
Ok guys, I just went out and picked up a 10k "Ocean Sun" bulb...

I now have a 10k and a 6700k bulb in my dual t5 lighting fixture.. it looookss sooo niiiiice :D

I wonder how my tank will adjust to this new lighting, especially my plants :) hmmm

sundevil88

AC Members
Feb 9, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Jose
nice

do you have co2?
Actually, no.. not yet..

Iv been shopping around trying to get the pieces necessary to go pressurized.. each piece is expensive so Im taking my time looking around for deals before I start buying the brand new expensive parts.

So yeah, I should be going pressurized by the end of summer hopefully :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store