Help, Sick clown

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Stimey

AC Members
Feb 14, 2004
Chicago
Visit site
I have a similar setup to yours (55) and I would suggest getting rid of the damsels. They were my first saltwater fish, so I had a sort of newbie attachment to them...but even though they might seem unagressive at this point, as they get bigger they get unpredictable.(in my experience).
I learned this the hard way. I had 2 damsels that got along with all of their tankmates peacefully for 6 months, then one day became extremely vicious and attacked my cowfish and killed it.

I also had a Percula clownfish with the damsels and they left it alone until they realized they were bigger than it.

Unless I setup a purely aggressive tank, I will never get damsels again.

ForumPete58

AC Members
Apr 12, 2004
Springfield, MO
Visit site
I still have a brown covering over quite a bit of my sand a some of my rock. Its just a light dusting that kind of looks like algae. I was told it was diatoms. What I forgot to ask was; is this a good thing? Should I be stirring it up? I know that I need to be careful stirring up my sand but I don't really want these diatoms to overtake my tank.
Thanks,
Matt

Stimey

AC Members
Feb 14, 2004
Chicago
Visit site
It was called a Helmet Cowfish.(see attached file) It's smaller than the longhorns. So it's good for a 55. It's the only cowfish I know of that stays on the small side.
They are sometimes called Hovercraft Cowfish as well.
They get about 5" long.

In my 55 I have

1 dart fish (my least favorite fish. He's scared to death of everything)
1 Percula Clown
1 Flame Hawkfish (got him 3 weeks ago. He's very entertaining)
1 Catalina goby
& I'm picking up my new Cowfish tonight. I just hope he has the personality of the one I lost.

The Diatoms have started to invade my tank as well, so according to everything I've read on this forum, snails should do the trick. I'm tackling that problem now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store