help stocking a 200 gallon cichlid tank.....new to larger cichlids.....please reply!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

communityfish35

AC Members
Mar 7, 2011
oh woops wrong list.....

this is what i meant
1 oscar
2 blue acaras
2 severums
2 firemouths
6 tinfoil barbs
african brown knife fish

????

communityfish35

AC Members
Mar 7, 2011
lol i keep posting by accident

i meant....
1 oscar
2 severums
2 blue acaras
2 firemouths
2 BP's
6 tinfoil barbs
african brown knife fish...

update: it will be a 240 gallon tank!!!!!!!

FILTER UPDATE: 1 eheim 2128 canister filter w/210 watt heater, 1 ehiem 2028 canister filter, 2 AC 110's

Eclipse_sky

AC Members
Feb 17, 2011
Wow I love the fact that no matter what someones stocklist looks like someone always has to say it's overstocked. Its a 200 gallon tank I think you pretty much could put whatever u want in it without overstocking. I think maybe a dolphin would be overstocking lol. You need to be more worried about compatibility than how many fish you can fit in there.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Ecplise_sky keep in mind that these are big fish being kept in only a 200 gallon. Yes big but not as big as one would think. I own a 135 gallon and I over filter the thing cuz Im already over stocked with 2 pleco's and 5 reg fish (2 Parachromis loisellei's, 1 RTM and 2 JD's). Overstocking a 200 gallon is extremely easy to do. Try to keep your comments productive and not trying to shoot down hobbiest who have actual experience who want to help a new hobbiest stock his tank properly.

The amount of waste produce by these fish would add up quickly. I know I deal with it all the time in my tanks that I have had for more then half of my life.

AngelFishRock

AC Members
Mar 12, 2011
Umm grumpy? ^ Anywho I IMO if I had a 200 gallon to play with I would get 4 biotodoma wavrinis, a black ghost knife, 6 larger species of corydoras, and some angels ....wow that would be nice. Haha sorry for dreaming out loud on your thread :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store