Help! What to do about fumigation?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

KabukitheFish

Registered Member
Jun 19, 2017
Help! I have a 30 gallon tank with a goldfish and a pleco that I cannot move. My house needs to be fumigated for remotes. How do I protect my goldfish from the fumes? We just moved to this new house and I can't move the fish again or they'll die of stress.

KabukitheFish

Registered Member
Jun 19, 2017
Help! I have a 30 gallon tank with a goldfish and a pleco that I cannot move. My house needs to be fumigated for remotes. How do I protect my goldfish from the fumes? We just moved to this new house and I can't move the fish again or they'll die of stress.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I'm not sure why you can't move them again? It should be temporary,right? A large tote, with an air stone and water from the tank can be used if you have someplace outside the home to keep it (a friends, etc). If not, cover the tank tightly, turn off anything that pulls air in from outside.

Jaxtn

Registered Member
Jul 20, 2017
How long is your fumigation?
When my house had to get fumigated I had my friend hold my fish for me.
I also wrapped my tank tightly with shrink wrap so the fumigation fumes didn't infest my tank/filter/etc.

I've read people get a battery powered air pump, put it in their tank then wrap their tank tightly with shrink wrap and tape and had success.

Good Luck!

David Riddell

AC Members
Aug 21, 2017
Hi there, I think this might can help you out. My cousin has too faced this situation when he moved to his new home. On his mom's suggestion he contacted Davis pest control service to examine the home along with the extermination of unwanted pests. Rather than fumigating his whole house, the team decided to go by with the physical pest control method because of the fish tank. You can also try this method if you feel safe and comfortable with this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store