Help With L81 Gold Nugget Pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
You said your others go into hiding instantly. Sitting behind the intake or heater IS hiding. It's a common place to go, eventually he will explore, most likely at night when it's dark and safe.

I only feed Cucumber, raw, none of mine ever have an issue devouring it in 2 or 3 days. The snails pick the skin perfectly clean once the plecos have gotten the majority off.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I would offer zuchinni rather than the cucumber. Zuchinni is more readily accepted by these feeders than cucumber is. Soften it just a bit in a bowl of water in the microwave, and push a fork thru it and place it on or in the gravel. Try to place it in an area that is a bit hidden from view so that the pleco isn't frightened to come out in the front of the tank. I keep the slices in the tank for 24 hours. What temp do you keep you tank at?
FWIW, I just insert slices of raw zucchini in a veggie clip. The divots taken out are evidence that my pleco is taking *lots* of chunks out. Easier, and less clean up than if it was cooked first.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Zuchinni does not have to be cooked for subadults and adult plecos. Only when they are babies does it need to be softened up a bit for them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store