HELP (yellow tang)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lawnman

AC Members
Mar 2, 2003
Windsor Mill, MD
Visit site
gcvt, How have you been? It's been awhile. I like your tanks, how they say," That look Good". It was a good season for the grass. We did really well this year.
I am thinking of working towards a reef. My only set back about two year I used copper safe in my tank:( . Am going to try anyway. write you later

Guy W

AC Members
Apr 8, 2002
Naples, FL
Originally posted by rica5tully
He's eating!

All of a sudden this morning he started eating flakes and he all the algae I had on the clip. He's acting normal and is just checking out the tank.

Thanks for your advice and help!
glad to here things are going well... Now do him a favor and get him out of that 10 gallon tank soon :) :D

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
Originally posted by lawnman
gcvt, How have you been? It's been awhile. I like your tanks, how they say," That look Good". It was a good season for the grass. We did really well this year.
I am thinking of working towards a reef. My only set back about two year I used copper safe in my tank:( . Am going to try anyway. write you later

Hiya Lawn! Been good here too! Glad to hear biz is good enough to 'think reef' :) Thanks for the compliments on my tanks. Copper Safe huh? Hmm. Well, I've heard of people pulling it off before, but you'll never know until you put in the first invert and see how it does. Best of luck!

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
I would try to get more nutritious foods than flakes. The reason I say this is just recently I received a small Yellow Tang (2 inches max) that had been fed flakes for at least 6 months and has some pretty major head and lateral line erosion. He had his finds short (1/2 the length they are supposed to be), had the white around the eyes and face, and was a very dull yellow. Now 1 week later he is a brilliant yellow and fins are already starting to grow back. For the past week him and his friends that I got from a local guy who was tearing down his tank (Blue Spot Puff, Rainbow Wrasse-Thalassom luscansum-, Perc Clown and Occelaris Clown) and they have been getting frozen Formula One and Formula Two in the Morning then either Form One, Form Two, or Spiralina (all by Ocean Nutrition) form in the evening. The tang also get algae 3 times a week and eats it all. So I would suggest feeding it frozen foods to ensure that it doesn't get HLLE. Anyway, hope this helps.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store