help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ganina

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
I am recycling my 20 gallon high now do to my my PH crashing. I started this on October 24th when I changed my filter for my 250 Bio Wheel Filter. I did two 6 gallon tap water changes for my tank during this time. My PH is at a level 7.4 while my Ammonia is at a level 6. Sorry,but I don't know what my Nitrate and Nitrite levels are. I also have noticed that my tank water now has a hazy cloudy look to it. Are these 3 conditions normal for recycling. And is there something that I can buy to remove the cloudy look to to my tank. I stopped at my LPS yesterday he said that it could take 4-6 weeks for my tank to recycle. Is he right?

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:

bushwhacker

old school newbie
Aug 2, 2008
westminster sc.
little puff is right, how are you cycling the tank with fish or not? if not you really need the tests if with keep a close eye on the ammonia and do lots of water changes anytime it rises good luck
before i get flamed. lol we didnt have the other tests when i started only ammon. and ph i've always had them and mostly made it thru with few losses k now i know better and i have the api master kit yeah its a pain in the butt but i know more now

Last edited:

Ganina

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
Thank you all for your help. I am recycling my tank with one gold gourami in it. I am going to order online a API Master Kit this morning. The Master Kit at one of my LPS was expired: 2007.Will adding a couple of fish to tank ,2 Black Skirts and 2 Corys help speed up the cycling? Or should I wait until my paremeters get in line.?

Rick

KarlTh

AC Members
Feb 15, 2008
If you put fish in that tank with ammonia at 6ppm they'll be dead in minutes. You need to do a series of water changes to get it below 0.25ppm, or the gourami will likely expire soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store