helppp cycle is being dumb

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
here, well since tank params check out... im wondering if it wouldnt be a bad idea to put the trigger in the tank. I mean hes in a tank thats to small for him right now anyways, and the space would be nice for him.

Im just worried about if i put him in there, hes a bigger fish than the damsels, and i might have a spike....

But i have heard many people say that these niger triggers are also extremely hardy fish, and could be used to cycle a tank too if wanted. (although they all say they wouldnt recommend it, but no one recommends using damsels either, and im in a weird situation here.)

What do you guys think?

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
anyone wanna weigh in?

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
yeah, 8 days now its been up.

I kinda figured id get that response, i guess longer is better 8).

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
today, with nothing done to the tank params look like this.

Ammonia- very low, maybe a slight trace....
nitrite- 0
nitrate-10 or so
Ph-8.2
Sg-1.025
temp-77

....does this mean the cycle is finished?

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
tank is now starting to bloom with diatoms, so i think its close.

im wondering, i know everyone says that the product Cycle doesnt work, but i had some sitting in my fridge (from a while ago) and i dumped what was left of the bottle into the tank, and now a week later... my tank appears to be almost completely cycled? Maybe it does help.

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
why doesnt anyone ever respond to this thread.?

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
.... the tank is starting to be a bit taken over, but im not sure if its diatoms or green hair algae!?! pleaseee dont let it be green hair algaeee lol.

I shut the lights off, hoping to stop it in its tracks if it does happen to be, i cant tell which it is yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store