Hiding Red Shrimp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
This guy is a GREAT addition to the tank color-wise, but he keeps hiding behind this one rock and doesnt show up at all.. Any ideas as to how to bring him out of his little cave?? Is it an accommodation issue?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Nope. They are going to do that no matter what. IME, dimming lights can help a bit, but they will still be reclusive until after dark.

jencheung

AC Members
Jan 22, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Mine was the same way - he seemed to be active during the day but only behind the rock where it was dark and I only saw him in passing. I recently did some rescaping with my rock and created a small overhang area toward the back of the tank and now he hangs out there most of the day. It's darker under there and he likes to hang out upside down from the bottom of the ledge. Perhaps try creating a darker sort of "cave" area that you can see in to to make him feel more comfortable while being visible?

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
yeh ill try that... i think hes picking at my BTA actually... and its really bothering me... are they known for that?

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
not really, but it is a possibility. Try to shoot some food at him the next time you are feeding.
Lowering flow can sometimes make them come out a little more, but you would have to lower it probably more than you and your corals would like.

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
haha yeh ill pass on that... i actually just added 2 more PH's last night :p flow isnt going anywhere but up!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store