high ph

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

flossyfloofloo

AC Members
Apr 14, 2008
nottingham england
will fit a powerhead to give more agitation , the only decor is slate and bogwood , with normal aquarium sand as substrate whick is about an inch and a half thick , i am going to remove some make it more around an inch as ive been told its a tweener and could cause problems.

just rechecked my kh and it starts to change at 12 but defo differant colour at 14, how could i bring this down ???

flossyfloofloo

AC Members
Apr 14, 2008
nottingham england
oh wcs are 9 gals a week , i am gonna try and get a lift to the lfs get some ro this weekend do more of a change prob 12 gals twice in the week

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
No good (or 100% safe) way to lower it, short of using a salt with a lower KH and changing the water. Instant Ocean is traditionally high in this regard.

flossyfloofloo

AC Members
Apr 14, 2008
nottingham england
i will look at a better salt as i am planning on a reef tank too so will need something better.

will look into doing a change with some ro to try and bring it down this weekend too

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
pH fluctuation b/n 8.2 - 8.5, I would not personally worry, even for brackish unless experiencing complications.

theroreticall,by adding calcium ion will lower carbonate ion level as cal + co3 = CaCO3 wipp precipitate out. If you wish ,use calcium chloride (turbo bal by Kent), not the kalkwasser. But I dont see the need in your case.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store