hitchhiker help :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

whyzee250

AC Members
Aug 17, 2005
Salida, CA
I'll just chalk this up to a good thing. I'm excited, polyps, bristleworms, and possibly a few feather dusters....(really small, come from a "stalk" with white feathers that retract when i put a net close.) Anyway, my first salty seems to be coming along finally!

does aptasia retract when a net is moved close by? Some pics online look similar to what i have in my tank. I have 4 specimens from what I've seen and they are fairly spread out. I'm just hoping it's a sort of feather worm. And no, I'm unable to get pics at this time.

Last edited:

SumTinsFishy

Vampire Pleco??
Nov 3, 2009
Fennville, Michigan
Real Name
Joel
I'm glad you finally decided the worm is a good guy. There is a guy on reefcentral that says he has a 12 inch worm that comes out and feeds with the rest of his fish. He says he's just a part of the happy community. Now about the Aptasia. Yes they retract when a net or your hand goes near them. Typically they are much less desirable. They have a strong sting that can harm other corals and anemones. I personally always get rid of mine. They do spread and you can end up with an Aptasia farm. Kill em while they are few in numbers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store