hk/alk and nitrate problem

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

speedykeys

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
eh, everything else seemed to be doing good so i thought it would be ok, and as of now that anenome seems to be doing good too. it looks even better than it did when i bought it actually. heres the pics i forgot to load....

IMG_2857.JPG IMG_2859.JPG

New Reefer

AC Members
... according to my tests my kh/alk and nitrates are rediculusly high and ive been searchin around for some solutions but havnt really found anything besides doing water changes.
The alkalinity is quite high, but that's not bad. I do know that there is a problem with some Salifert alk kits being contaminated, and testing much higher than actual - check with another brand, just to be sure...

Your high nitrate level (if accurate) indicates that either your tank has not matured enough, and/or it has a bio-load which is higher than your filtration can handle. Either way, your best bet for long-term success would be to remove some inhabitants (return to LFS ?) and do larger (20% - 25%) water changes. Oh, and perhaps add or upgrade your skimmer and add a refugium with a deep live sand bed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store