homo guppy?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

couchy

AC Members
Feb 8, 2011
can i ask why is my black.navy male guppy keeps trying to mate with my male platy and is there anything i can do to get my male platy into my female platy

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
guppies and platies are not known for there brains ..if its larger than them..it must be a female...it does not mean the fish is ***..just means its little brain says FEMALE MUST MATE..if the fish is remotely the correct size and shape for a female.

couchy

AC Members
Feb 8, 2011
ah rite but my platy i clearly male he have got a nig dinkydo lol :)(gonopodiam)

poor guppy my other males dont do it, there again he does have a go at the female too

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Your guppy is simply keeping its options open. No need to rule out the half of it's own species...or any other similar species...or any species in general...or some of the aquarium decor.

As for the Platys. Give them time and it'll happen. Maybe they don't like that strange person standing outside their home logging what partners they choose. :evil_lol:

couchy

AC Members
Feb 8, 2011
yeah,... considering i bought them to breed and my tank is in the livingroom so you cant actually miss it

im just glad its nothing to worry about i thought there might have been something wrong

countrychick

Save a horse, ride a cowboy
Feb 2, 2009
somewhere in the sticks
Maybe hes just bored...let him swing LOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store