Hoover the Ferocious....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LeahK

AC Members
Jul 5, 2007
Iowa
I love this thread! What a cute fish. I remember when I first tried feeding zucchini to my otos, but the clown loaches found it first. They went nuts! I get a kick out of the look of stark, raving excitement that fish get when they come across unexpected food.

Gulp

Nom, nom, nom.
Dec 16, 2003
Stockbridge, Georgia
Visit site
Update. Hoover is loving life now that the cichlids are gone. No more battles to keep his cave, no more arautus nipping his dorsal "feather"....and obviously plenty to eat. I feed him less now than I did when the cichlids were in the tank...and his belly always looks like it's about to burst. I've recently had 15 hengeli's come up missing in the last few days....he might be enjoying a midnight snack or 15 once the lights go out at night though. :mad2:

I need to get a side shot of him again since his fins have the nice long "feathers" growing back off the tips now.

Kitti007

AC Members
Aug 21, 2008
he looks like hes swallowed a goldfish...and its coming out the other end!!

(2nd pic)

Gulp

Nom, nom, nom.
Dec 16, 2003
Stockbridge, Georgia
Visit site
Tried to get a side shot of blubbo last night. He's been shy lately when the lights are on (much brighter than my old set-up), and won't come out of his cave until they are off. This of course makes it tough to shoot though (flash reflection sucks)...

You can see how long his dorsal "feather" is these days vs the earlier pics I posted. It's past the stalk of that plant in this shot. He has one on the tip of his tail too. The cichlids just woudn't leave them alone...

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
dear mother of god! what a chub!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store