how big

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

loucas6290

Lurking Since 2005
Jan 2, 2005
a little bit of both because i am smart i took the regentys and didnt have to take the midterm which was today so i didnt have to go in because there was a 2hr delay
and by the time they get big i am going to buy/ask for fro my birthday a big tank like ya no a diedel big tank.

loucas6290

Lurking Since 2005
Jan 2, 2005
my birthday is june 2nd but im lookin for a big tank for the bifacious ciclids,i am probably going to get a 55g inbetween then for the growning convicts but im not sure

loucas6290

Lurking Since 2005
Jan 2, 2005
thank you karnaaj, i just want to know why everyone gets on my case about that, there are nicer ways to say it, some people on this forum are just cold, but hey ADD kicks in and i dont really care what you guys say about me anymore

Harry Tolen

Cichlid Fan
Aug 17, 2000
Union, WA, USA
The original tank you were asking about should be 75 gallons (US gallons) in order to house all those convicts. As was noted above, they do get pretty big on their own. A 75 liter tank, which by the way converts to about 19 US gallons, would barely be big enough for one grown convict.

Regarding the other fish you mentioned, I am guessing that you are referring to Vieja bifasciatum. N8dogg is correct when he says that they would need a 75 gallon tank just for one. If you wanted to try and keep them all together, you would probably need a 240 gallon tank, with some good-sized target fish to reduce aggression.

As far as your spelling goes, I notice that it improved dramatically in the last post. While correct spelling is not absolutely essential, it can make your writing easier to read and allows for less room for confusion, and that makes it a win-win situation for all concerned.

loucas6290

Lurking Since 2005
Jan 2, 2005
well how long would it take for a Vieja bifasciatum to become full sized, and actually it it is not a purebred bifasciatum it was bred with a synspilum/Blackbelt hybred. so, yea how big will these fish get and how long will it take

Harry Tolen

Cichlid Fan
Aug 17, 2000
Union, WA, USA
All of the fish you mentioned as part of your hybrids' lineage are about the same size, thus the hybrids themselves should all grow to be between 10 inches and a foot long if given the proper care.

As for how long it will take them to reach that size, well, that's a good question. I have bred and raised Vieja synspila myself, and if I remember correctly after about a year they are more than 4" long. Another year, about 8". After that, it all depends on conditioning, space, etc. Here's a picture of one that I raised from the egg:

loucas6290

Lurking Since 2005
Jan 2, 2005
yes i dont think i will have to worry, by the time they are 4" i will have them moved into my 46 whereas it will be empty because my convicts will be in my tank that i will get for my birthyday and by the time they are at 5" i will have attained a considerable larger tank for them. size to what they will duley need

btw mine will have a more blue green tone with much less red

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store