how do i know if my snail is dead?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
I would pick the snail up out of the water and see if it smells bad. If it does it is for sure dead.

Marinemom

mj9287

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
In reference to the post that said "Smell it and if you gag it's dead"

LOL ROFLMAO Thats funny. I'm sorry about the snail though, That's definitely not funny. It's just that I had the same thing happen with a big apple snail I think it's called. It just sat there for days so I decided to fish it out with the net. I didn't have to get it close to my nose though before I gagged. It was pretty much putrid by that point.

Mark

ROFL KATELYN X

AC Members
Feb 25, 2007
well i scooped him out.. and he didnt smell.. and he was tight in there.. but he still sits there.. hes been sitting for abotu a week. maybe ill try throwing some veggies in there?? but hes slacking and theres some alagea on the castle i better whip that "sucker" into shape..!

mooman

Scratch my belly Human!
Mar 8, 2005
Columbus, OH
What about the question of water quality. Your tank is really pushing it as far as bioload goes. How long has it been set up? How often do you do water changes?

jamie1972

AC Members
Aug 21, 2006
My snails LOVE shrimp pellets and algae wafers. I would tempt him with some of those. But don't overfeed! You'll be feeding the alge too.

ROFL KATELYN X

AC Members
Feb 25, 2007
water changes about every month cuz it gets low from evaporation.. its been set up about 4 or 5 months..

he was doing well when he was in the 10 g tank.. and then when i put him in the bigger tank he just went boring.. its not like theres no algea in the tank cuz i can see some on the castle..but he just sits there..
HOW BORING

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
water changes about every month cuz it gets low from evaporation.. its been set up about 4 or 5 months..

he was doing well when he was in the 10 g tank.. and then when i put him in the bigger tank he just went boring.. its not like theres no algea in the tank cuz i can see some on the castle..but he just sits there..
HOW BORING

:eek:
your joking right? you need to do weekly evaperoration or not thanks meed to have water changes on a regular basis !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store