How do I know when columarius is gone?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I am glad you made a partial recovery, but my years of personal experience says you want be rid of it with just meds and short term cure....

Twistycricket

AC Members
Mar 30, 2016
I am glad you made a partial recovery, but my years of personal experience says you want be rid of it with just meds and short term cure....
King was fully recovered. The fact that he got reinfected from a tank that he never lived in is due to the Texas heat that has had the tank temps above 82 degrees. I battled this all last summer when the tanks got too hot; I didn't realize what it was then as I attacked it with vigor everyday. It goes away in the fall when the tank temps drop. Apparently 3 of my tanks were in the early stages of an outbreak after my husband used contaminated equipment to remove a dead feeder fish. My husband knows nothing of the tanks and did not realize that that pile of equipment was contaminated. I tossed decorations and old filters in King's new 120 gallon tank not realizing my husbands's error. That is why King got sick again. I inspect him daily for signs of illness. He has been illness free since my last post in March was it? The tanks all are immaculate. It is the dang Texas heat. Not much I can do but leave some preventative salt in all the tanks until Fall hits in November. I have attached 2 pictures of King before his Dad and I screwed up and infested his tank over night. As you can see, he was fully recovered and a very happy and healthy fish.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Twistycricket

AC Members
Mar 30, 2016
King after a concentrated hydrogen peroxide bath. He looks raw and the recently dead fuzzy is still peeling off at this point. He was grey with fuzz before the bath. The hydrogen peroxide oxidizes the external infection and kills it on contact. King's water was changed and remedicated with antibiotics, salt, ick guard as a profalactic as he is so raw, and Melafix to help the raw skin heal up. He was happier and much more active after his bath. Luckily with all the treatment that I have given him in the past, he has come to trust me and just lays there and let's me treat him with a syringe and he even lets me vacuum him and around him even when healthy. This has helped to drastically reduce his stress levels during this latest round of illness.

image.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store