How do you make fish grow fast?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
clean water lots of good food.

the rest is up to genetics.

DISCIPLE

AC Members
Mar 14, 2007
water changes, and feeding them a variety of good foods helps out alot. new life spectrum offers a growth formula that works well w/ cichlids. honestly it depends on the fish and its genes imo. i feed mine krill, beefheart, bloodworms, worms, lizards, shrimp, brine shrimp along with pellets and they bulk up nice as well as nice coloration.:)

Snakes

Fish Addict
Mar 3, 2008
www.rieda.za.org
Don't Rush There Growth
Feed Them Different Foods and Do the normal water changes
But Let them grow like should.
Don't Feed them "cheap" food but give them the best and they will grow quick and healthy
Just Imagine u trying to rush your child's growth
There Growth also depends on how active they are and all fish have own moods
By Full Grown Fish but my advice let your "babies" grow without rushing

FishExpert

Registered Member
Aug 2, 2009
Here the the great advanced tip for cold water to make your fish grow bigger, the larger the pond it is, the larger the fish can get. If is a tropical fish then i suppose you need very bigger tank.

Taari

AC Members
Nov 4, 2010
There is no way to make a fish grow faster than it was designed to grow. It's impossible. All you can do is give it optimal conditions. Young fish release a hormone that stunts growth so that they will have less competition from their siblings. Doing frequent, large water changes removes this hormone and allows the fish to grow uninhibited. A good varied diet is just as important. The person I am buying bettas from does nearly 100% water changes on his fry twice a day. From the time they are jarred, he can get them to adult size in about 2 weeks with frequent water changes and feeding high quality, nutritious foods.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
There is no way to make a fish grow faster than it was designed to grow. It's impossible. All you can do is give it optimal conditions. Young fish release a hormone that stunts growth so that they will have less competition from their siblings. Doing frequent, large water changes removes this hormone and allows the fish to grow uninhibited. A good varied diet is just as important. The person I am buying bettas from does nearly 100% water changes on his fry twice a day. From the time they are jarred, he can get them to adult size in about 2 weeks with frequent water changes and feeding high quality, nutritious foods.
So with high quality foods, plenty of water changes, the betta gets to full adult size in two weeks, and if using low quality foods and minimal water changes, it wouldn't, correct. Hmmmmmm....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store