How large do acei cichlids get? The purple one with yellow fins?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
Sounds good..........:)

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
They seem to be widely avalible.........:)

elementkid65

gill-less
Jul 3, 2007
where ever i am
i had three but my other two died due to the tank filter being unplugged.
7" max length usualy mine is 2" now

Last edited by a moderator:

vanpudin

AC Members
Mar 17, 2007
yes i did plan on keeping the firemouth and krib. I know genneraly S.A. and Africans are not supposed to be mixed. I have heard that sometimes it can work with certain fish. thou. I guess it depends on its personality and aggression.
If the acei cichlids get up to 7'', then i may not bother with them.

Last edited:

rosita

Here
Jan 11, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
Sounds good that you're researching and asking questions (I've actually been able to keep SA's and Peacocks together until 125g is ready).
Suggestion: with similar species, if you keep one female and all the rest males, they will literally chase her to death. I'd stick with all males. . .

vanpudin

AC Members
Mar 17, 2007
According to petsmart, the Krib is an African. Is this true? My firemouth and Krib seem to leave each other alone.

vanpudin

AC Members
Mar 17, 2007
I was thinking of keeping 1 of the 3 little kenyis that were givin to me. Wanted to keep a female because i liked the blue color and if i'm not mistaken, the female may not get quite as big. Still kenysi in general may be a problem in my 55g when full grown. I will probally give up the 2 other kenyis. I hope i spelled Kenyi right.
Well, i'm off to petsmart to see what they have in stock today.

Last edited by a moderator:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store