How long do tanks last??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Must4ng s4lly

AC Members
Jan 9, 2004
Houston
Visit site
Cool! Thanks for all the feedback! Aquariumfishguy wins the oldest tank award! LOL! I had a 25 gal slate bottom from the 70's that had the metal sides and I loved it and my mom gave it away when I went to school! Grrr! When I got married two years ago we got a 58 gal with its own stand. I just got a 75 too. Woo Hoo this is addicting!

I am hoping the 58 is OK as it is upstairs on a main support on its stand that came with it but the house is not level... Hmmm.
The 75 is downstairs on is own special stand too...

May everyone's tank remain sealed and intact :) These posts were definitely encouraging!

got_nailed

AC Members
Mar 26, 2004
roanoke, va
Visit site
We have a 120 or 125 in the living room wall. My step dad wants it planted in the next year and I’m thinking about resealing it. It’s 40 years old or so and will be pulling everything out of it. It’s set up on 4x4’s and 6x6’s with 2 inches of plywood. I know I’m going to check the plywood before setting it all back up.

To reseal the tank or not

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
We are just getting moved in this house. It has a tile floor where the 125 gallon tank will be place.. From home speaker placement, I'm finding out that the tank may not be level... :eek: Would "rubber shims" or other material that flexes be useful??? I'm not sure putting down carpet the size of the tank stand will work, or ..... (?) ...........:confused:

Any ideas are appreciated...

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
Metal shims are better and also available at home stores. They do not compress as wood does, especially if it has been wet (of course that could never happen around any of our tanks...).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store