How long have you had your Anemone?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chuckm

Registered Member
Jan 15, 2006
mysis said:
I find that hard to believe, since it has been proven that clown fish don't feed their anemone, or so I have been told and also read.
I'm no Marine Biologist but I've seen my Maroon take her food and retreat to the safe confines of her "personal space" ..... before I got her an anemone the "space" was a rock overhang .... now it's a Haitian Purple Tip ..... so IMO this behavior is irrespective of the type of host ....

gomrjoe

AC Members
May 22, 2006
Miami, FL.
Well, my Haitain Purple tip committed suicide two days ago, he had wondered up to the top of the tank, in the back and the next thing I know, he was gone. He had done it once before, but I found him three days later under a large rock towards the middle of my tank that acts as an overhang where my cardinal fish like to hang out.

Anyways, this time, he committed suicide, I found him at the bottom of my overflow box under my bioballs, how he got in there I have no idea. I didn't think he could slip through the little slits in my overflow.

He was doing fine before this. I will have to venture out to the LFS to get another one. My perc clowns miss him. :(

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
My BTA just split. due to the upgrade from fluros to a 400W metal halide.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store