How many female bettas for a 37g?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I caught the Skunk Loaches and put those in a little pet carrier, also caught the pleco and shark, put them with the skunk loaches. The pet carrier is in the 37 gallon now, to keep the fish alive. Sadly couldn't catch the rummy noses so leaving them in the tank or get a bigger net. But sadly, the Skunk Loaches decied my Crowntail betta would be dinner and ate him, evil fish, thought kribs were worse.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
The betta was in the tank for a few months before i added the loaches...when I notice they killed and ate the betta, I took out all my decor and plants aand caught the buggers. Since I took out all the decor.. I thought.. WHY NOT MORE STUFF AROUND! I also took out all the decor from the 37 just to catch two loaches(kuhlis, moved them to the 20), pleco and a shark. The pet carrier is a 2.5, it's only temp till I take them to the LFS. Skunk Loaches are evil little fish, even though they are cute, but are just nasty.

briggadane

AC Members
Mar 13, 2008
Lakewood Ohio
www.briggadane.com
Yum, cleaner shrimp make good food for bettas.
Even my guppies have been known to pick on one of my CBS for a snack...

I wouldnt recommend shrimp in either tank. My tank is full of plants and the fish still go hunting shrimp now and then.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
Even a 2" shrimp? Then I might just do otos to control the algae growth, better then a pleco. Never had a pleco really eat algae, only driftwood or flakes..I had otos in my 20g till my Kribs killed them off. I have about7-8 female bettas right now. No issues so far.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store