How much is tank worth?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zekni

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
Visit site
I just need help with how much to sell one of my tanks for.

It's approx 2yrs old around 200gal (120"lx19"wx22"h) all glass with a somewhat worn looking (some cat scratches on one corner) wood stand with glass top and lights.

If I put it in the paper, think I could get $600 out of it?

Thanks guys

Sumpin'fishy

Humble Disciple of Jesus Christ
Oct 16, 2002
Savannah, GA
I've never heard of those dimensions either. You wanna double check those measurements and verify if they are right?

600 Dollars for a 200 gallon is very nice deal. You may be able to get more like 750, but it's hard to find people with that kind of cash just laying around:(

somefinnfishy

AC Members
May 12, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
www.freewebs.com
My work sells 220s for $999 new stand lids lights.(eric shrugs shoulders)
So take a fair price and add some for your filter heater and extras.

Last edited:

Sumpin'fishy

Oct 16, 2002
Savannah, GA
Well I'm using my LFS as a pricing guide. A drilled 125 costs right at about $550 for tank alone!

zekni

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
Visit site
I did check the dimensions, they're right. It was a custom built show tank. When I pop them in a volume calculator it spits out 217.5 us gallons.

I'm keeping the filters, heaters ect for other tanks I have. I'm getting rid of it because I can get a bigger tank that doesn't take up 10 feet of wall space.

Last edited:

Sumpin'fishy

Oct 16, 2002
Savannah, GA
Hmmm.....sounds to me like an unusual or maybe a custom tank. It sounds like an interesting and rare tank! It may be worth more!

I think $750 sounds really good for the tank. Not too much, but you get paid for the effort!

K_S_W_I_S_S

AC Members
Mar 12, 2003
Needles, CA
www.picturetrail.com
how much would you sell it for? i live in needles california and i might be able to get a ride to pick it up. but it also might take me a month or maybe a little longer (or less) to get the money... i might start working for my dad and his friend for 8$/hr and i will be able to work from noon to 7 or 8. let me know and i will see when i can start working...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store