how much to feed corys?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
how much do i need to feed corys?
i feed them 2 times a day...
but i still notice they like to swim around and scavenge for food:)
is it ok to drop in more food ?

how to know if they have been fed enough?

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
I feed mine once a day. I drop in 1 pellet for all three of them (well 4 if you count the flying fox that has adopted himself in the family). They are scavenger fish and it is their nature to constantly look. That doesn't mean they need to be fed more. Over feeding leads to more waste and potentially sick fish. Are you feeding them a sinking pellet or flakes? I would suggest a mixture of pellets. I use algae tabs, shrimp pellets and a complete bottom feeder tablet, giving one or the other each day.

centralharbor

fat panda cory
Sep 23, 2004
i have hikari sinking wafers and hikari algae wafers, i feed either one sinking wafer 2 times daily, or maybe 1/3 of an algae wafer 2 times daily, and the other fish eat the flake, it seems to work since they dont look emaciated

cloud

AC Members
Sep 15, 2004
London, UK
I feed my 5 corys and 1 britlenose either 1 to 2 algea wafers a day, or a cube of frozen blood worms. As a change in the rutine I sometimes give them chicken, peas, potato or spinach.

cloud

AC Members
Sep 15, 2004
London, UK
I'd say peas are the least favourite of the stuff listed above but they do eat them none the less. grilled chicken gets the best reception by far

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store