How often do you feed your clowns?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
I just knoticed mine are kinda plump, i feed them everyday at 5 or 6 o clock.

i vary their diet between frozen mysis one day, brine the next, then Omega one marine flakes the next then repeat the cycle.

Ive heard brine shrimp has no nutritional value to clowns and can actually be addicting to them, making them only eat brine and nothing else.

I think im gonna start feeding them every other day or the three days on the cyclle (with something else instead of brine and save that as a treat for um) and one day off from feeding.

Let me know what ya think and how you guys feed yours!

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
I like your pic. Is that that guy that stabbed the betta? Anyway, I am a freshie but I thought taht you fed clowns all sorts of food and they accept everything.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Yea it is hahaha is a wanted a good Halloween avater and who better then the micheal meyers of fish! And clowns aee crackheads for food but I'm just trying to figure out a nicer diet and feeding schedule

masterchef518

AC Members
Feb 6, 2006
i feed my two twice a day i try to keep it interesting for them i feed them a mix of blood worms mysis shrimp emerald entree for the algae and sera marine granuals i also use a garlic supplement just to keep them interested in the food

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
Our reef tanks (clowns in all of them) get fed at most once a day, with 3 - 4 times a week being much more common. This is in addition to the nori that goes in the tank for the tangs, which I'm certain I've seen the clowns eat some of.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
yea i definitly think im going to be only feeding 4 times a week now, i think im spoiling mine and the fact that im putting crap in the tank so much is probably not good for the water condition

rogersb

AC Members
Apr 9, 2008
I feed my tank 2-3 times a week. They get frozen twice and hikari s pellets once if I remember. I have 2 black clowns, a skunk clown, a flame angel, 2 green chromis, and an algae blenny. I take one cube from a mix with either brine, mysis, krill, or squid. I give them roughly half and save the other half for after lights out so my acans get some food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store