How often do you feed your fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
I feel like a slacker, I travel Monday through friday almost every week, I feed the fish in the big tank when I'm home 2 times a day, small amounts. My son feeds them once on wednesday, and they go hungry tuesday and thursday. I use an auto feeder on the guppy tank, as I'm trying to breed snails and guppies both, I can't seem to get enough food in the tank to get the snails going well ( growing but not reproducing quickly), but the gupppies are having a wonderful time.

silentskream

AC Members
May 16, 2004
Florida
the goldfish get pellets every other night or so for now... i do this because they're tightly packed at the moment.

also, there's plenty of elodea for them to munch on (and they do take advantage of it) and they also steal the algea wafers from the pleco if i put them in too early.

as far as the pleco goes, he's basically been fed every couple days with regards to the algea wafer theft. i try to feed him more often, but it just doesnt work because of the goldfish. in addition, he's eaten two snails at random.

fortunately, i've found someone with an algea infested cichlid tank that can take the pleco until someone is willing to buy him. and hopefully the cichlids will allow him to eat his algea in peace. poor little guy 8(

the betta is a scavenger if i ever saw one. in addition to eating / picking at the antennae of the snails when they were still around, he eats goldfish food, algea from the wafers, and a tropical flake food that i have, as well as a shimpy/ krill flake food. and he basically just eats anything he can get his grubby litle fins on.

Richer

AC Members
Aug 7, 2002
Edmonton, AB
Cichlid tank is fed once every two days. For the 4 fish that live in there, they get 6 medium sized Hikari Excel pellets and a small pinch of flake food. Every now and then I toss in an algae wafer, or feed them a bit of frozen food. Water quality is excellent, nitrate levels never go over 10ppm. I reckon I could go on holiday for a month and the water would still be pretty decent (assuming the person who feeds the fish feed them with my routine).

My plant tank gets fed once every two days as well. Though it is fed heavier than my cichlid tank. It gets a few pinches of flake food, and two sinking shrimp pellets. Over feeding a little bit more isn't as big of an issue with this tank... the plants take care of any excess nutrients.

-Richer

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
Interesting replies everyone!! Thank you!

~Tara

Hans

I will eat your fish.
Oct 24, 2003
Gieboldehausen, DE
www.brianhanley.com
i feed them raisen bran and califlour on weekends, MWF they get ham and salad dressing, T a TH they eat styraphome

im just joking!!! i feed them in the AM the most, and pm they get less

Clownloach458

Three years, so litte posts
Nov 23, 2001
Beckley Wva
:D every morning and night.... I try not to feed to much... i just like how my fish act when they flutter around the tank at full speed snatching up food. :thud:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store