How to get anemone out

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
put tank water in the freezer for lik an hour, then turkey baste the foot with the frigid water.

2-3 blasts, and homeboy will be free floatin!

BrendaF

AC Members
Jan 20, 2008
put tank water in the freezer for lik an hour, then turkey baste the foot with the frigid water.

2-3 blasts, and homeboy will be free floatin!
That can be quite damaging to the anemone. This is going to guarantee the anemone is being blasted with a huge temperature, salinity and pH change.

I would just try adjusting flow for now. Possibly try moving the rock to a lower area, away from other rocks. You can try placing a ceramic tile (upside down) near it and hope that it crawls onto that when it decides to move.

Placing window screen over the tank may also help. The anemone may go searching for more light.

Jesshika

AC Members
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles, California
www.myspace.com
Ok I tried aiming the power head right at it and it still has made no attempt to move. It only shrank a little...so then I tried using ice cubes on its foot but then it only went down further into the rock

Last edited:

Jesshika

AC Members
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles, California
www.myspace.com
I finally got it out after taking the rock out and turning it upside down, the anemone slowly slid out of the hole enough for me to detach the foot. The LFS only gave me a couple dollars credit. They said they've been giving their condys away for free recently because they've been eating too many fish! So anyways, glad I got mine out finally and thank you for the tips. =D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store