How To Give A Cat A Pill

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DiabloCanine

AC Members
Nov 14, 2005
Why would anyone want a cat????

kittyhazelton

I eat sushi
Aug 15, 2005
Hartford, VT
elfwood.lysator.liu.se
I think being a cat owner is very similar to being in an abusive relationship.
-----Is currently being used as a scratching post. I AM NOT YOUR TOOL!!!

hurricanejedi

AC Members
Apr 4, 2005
Raleigh, NC
www.flowerspride.com
Hehe I've seen that before with funny pictures to go with it.

I'm having to pill 2 of my cats now twice a day. Its going so well! I squeeze the side of their mouth which prompts a natural response to open their mouth. Then with my other hand I plop the pill as far back as it will go. Then they swallow. So easy! No fighting with me either.

patoloco

De seguro no sabes lo que dice aqu
Oct 20, 2005
Costa Rica
wetpatoloco.tripod.com
Dogs are easier to trick, specially those that swallow and then start thinking about chewing their food.

I had a boxer that was so impacient to eat that he'd eat the pill if you had it sprinkled with butter or cream chesse. Easy! :)

Also, you could also even inject him while he was eating. Either he dind't feel it or he didn't give a s**t about his injection.

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
Bitsy said:
:OT: Does your cat really eat them? And there is no adverse effects? When I was living in Pensacola a few years back we had just gotten a new kitten and she ate one, next day we found her, underneath the couch, stiff, and dead :( Pretty horrifying.
Both our cats eat geckoes. Just parts usually. We find bits and pieces strewn around the house.

saltyc

AC Members
Aug 24, 2004
Kansas
My cat is about half dog, thanks to my husband! He taught her to come to a whistle, and she likes to fight with him.

I will say she considers me her own personal pillow/blankie/cuddle toy. If I lay down on the couch, she's either next to me or on top of me (does it to hubby too, only she waits till he's asleep!). If I'm sitting in my easy chair, she's either on the backrest, half on my head, or else she's lying next to me, gently (yeah, right) sticking her claws in the nearest piece she can reach (usually my stomach-ouch!) to remind me to pet her NOW!

minnesotagal866

AC Members
May 30, 2005
Not to be a party pooper since giving cats pills is so much fun, but some pills, particularly antibiotics, now come in liquid form. This has saved our marriage!!

Jackie

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store