How to recognize a drunken ramshorn

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rainbowcharmer

AC Members
Jul 30, 2007
East Coast, USA
Well, it's been a couple of days since the first squiggle appeared on my back tank wall, so I thought I would update on my drunken ramshorn's progress. No words so far, but he's made a big dent in the algae. :clap:

Pictures attached. As well as a full tank shot and a picture of my cranky angel who does not like mornings. She (I am assuming female in that she, like me, is not a morning fish... lol) loses all color when I turn the lights on at 5:15am for their breakfast, and will glare at the flakes for the first few minutes as though they're quite offensive for appearing in the tank at such an unholy hour.

November 2009 108.jpg November 2009 110.jpg November 2009 111.jpg November 2009 113.jpg

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Nice tank! I love the background too! It never has that peeling look to it that so many of them get!!

rainbowcharmer

AC Members
Jul 30, 2007
East Coast, USA
LOL - True. :)

I'm not sure how much longer that background will last though. I only have a couple ramshorns in there, but they're making impressive progress on the hair algae!

I do have a black background on the tank as well - it's actually black shimmery material that I bought at Jo-Ann Fabrics. I sewed the edges so that it won't unravel, and then put that sticky-backed velcro on the back of the tank on the rim, and then matching velcro on the black material - I can take it off and throw it in the laundry when it's looking grimy, and put it back up with no problems. :) Worked really well for me. I am probably going to utilize the same method for a background for the new 75 gal too. Just haven't had time to get to the fabric store yet. Gotta love clearance racks there! hehe

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Great idea!!

:idea: You should make some and see if you can sell them....

FindingBlemo

I ♥ Angelfish!
Jul 2, 2009
Black Diamond, WA
Keep your eye on him... He may be trying to scribble out a message for you!
The message starts with "8" okay! Keep writing snaily!

rainbowcharmer

AC Members
Jul 30, 2007
East Coast, USA
LOL - I don't know that anyone would buy them, but I suppose if there is interest maybe I"ll give it a whirl. :)

And I see the 8. hahaha - I don't know if he'll manage anything else legible though... :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store