How to set up bubbles with a stingray 15 filter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LauraS26

AC Members
Jun 20, 2016
Hi, I have a 75 litre tank with a stingray 15 filter (and a small filter that came with the 10 litre b&m tank that we got rid of as soon as we realised how cruel it was (thanks Internet)). So I want to know how I can use this to set up an air pump and get some bubbles for oxygenation and aesthetic.

I tried to google it, but all I do with my filter is clean it, and plug it in, so I'm not sure what the outlet is. The entire filter is under water if that helps.

Thank you!

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I'm not familiar with that filter so I can't help too much. But on the other hand, I'm not familiar with any filter that you can set up to work as an air pump. These are two different machines that either filter the water, or pump air through a line. The closest I can think of is some filters that you can attach a spray bar to and create a current. But that's all I can think of.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I don't see any means to plug an air line into that Stingray 15 filter (which is a small internal power filter) to add bubbles to the water.

Another option would be to get an air pump, some air tubing and a sponge bubbler filter

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store